Hawaii: Part 1

Everything so far has been really lovely. The weather is great, though a little chilly. I guess we're just not used to, y'know, wind. Everyone is very friendly, which is very refreshing. All we've really been doing so far is trying to get past our jet lag + eat a lot.

 

 



  

The bar in our lobby (cleverly named The Studio) is hidden behind this bookshelf in the day. Very clever. 

 

Did I mention our hotel is fantastic? Because it really is. They got hold of our bags about five seconds after we got off the taxi and promptly whisked them away, and the concierge is this very sweet young man who helped us book our tour to Hanauma Bay.

  

Loco moco - a local favourite consisting of a hamburger patty and a sunny side up on rice. DELICIOUS.

 

This is Hanauma Bay - apparently it's the crater of a volcano that erupted thousands of years ago. Achingly beautiful place. We actually got lost trying to get there yesterday (we got off at the wrong bus stop) and basically wasted three hours on the bus, not including the hour we spent in the sun waiting for the bus to come. We decided to play it safe the second time around and arranged for transport, which included snorkeling gear, so YES I went snorkeling today! It took a while to get used to, and water kept getting into my goggles, but we saw some pretty funky fish! I even have the pictures to prove it (we used a disposable underwater camera). I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I couldn't see anything underwater so V took all our underwater photos. They turned out pretty good, though! I'll probably post some up once I get hold of a scanner or something. The only downside was that the water was FREEZING. idek why. We swam through some really cold pockets a couple of times, which was disconcerting, to say the least. I was a little apprehensive at first about going out so far because I'm not the strongest swimmer + the fins were really uncomfortable, but V really helped me out and (literally) held my hand through the worst of it so ;_; I actually got to see some fish! Fishiessssss. 

 

LOOK AT THAT WATER THO. 

 

I LOVE IT HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author